Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Never Any Rain When You Want It
Our project really took on a whole other life. Because of all the work not only our group but the other groups have done, we've gotten a Environment Sustainability working group at the VSB. This working group had meetings from January till now, and we just passed one of the main days of lots of build up and work. The VSB Sustainability Summit. It was on April 28th and went on all day. Isabelle a grade 12 Byng student and I lead the summit with the main event being a world cafe. It went amazingly well with great gift bags to go along. Martin and Dejan filmed it, while we had some other classmates help with the world cafe. The day was much anticipated and long. Once over, I think everyone sort of let out a sigh of more than relief. Content that all the hard work payed off. I really hope that all this gets carried on. As of now, i'm working on the curriculum working group for next year, but that is subject to change due to prior commitments such as dance and other activities like work. All I know is, this year I felt like as a class we all grew whether we retained what we learnt about the environment or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment